Working together to keep our community safe
What is Bite the Fruit doing about Covid-19 and Monkeypox?
We are following the requirements prescribed by the District of Columbia and the guidelines recommended by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) which include the following measures:
Face masks are optional for customers and staff.
• Are fully vaccinated
• Do not work if experiencing symptoms
• Wash hands (or use hand sanitizers) as often as possible
• Constantly clean frequently touched surfaces and areas
• Uses plexiglass shields at checkout and other areas
• Disallows garment fittings, harness fittings, product demos
• Offers courtesy hand sanitizers for in-store use
• Improves air quality with HEPA filtration units
• Limit shopping time to 15 minutes or less
• Maintain social distancing of six feet or more
Use as many prevention strategies as you can, such as practicing hand hygiene, consistently and correctly wearing a high-quality mask, improving ventilation, and keeping your distance, when possible, especially from a person who is sick or who tested positive.
Please read the following CDC articles to help you make informed decisions regarding monkeypox and sexual activity:
May I purchase items without visiting the store?
Yes. You may order items on our website. Hosted by Shopify, our online store is easy to use and secure. Depending on availability, we prepare orders right away. Placing an order on our website is discreet and convenient.
We offer in-store pickup. Provide a phone number in case we need to call you. Indicate your desired pickup time using the Add a note to your order—Special instructions for seller section. Allow two hours for processing.
Is it safe to handle my shipped package and items in my order?
Yes. According to the CDC, there is minimal risk of contracting Covid-19 from a shipped package. Although not necessary, you may wipe down your items with sanitizing wipes or an alcohol-based cleaner as you unpack your shipment. After handling your package, wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.