Working together to keep our community safe
May I visit the store?
Yes. We are open daily from 12pm to 8pm. We require face masks as well as other safety precautions (see below).
(Masks and gloves are available for purchase.)
What is Bite the Fruit doing about Covid-19?
We are following the requirements prescribed by the District of Columbia and the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) which include the following measures:
• Do not work if experiencing Covid or flu symptoms
• Observe quarantine guidelines
• Are fully vaccinated
• Wear face masks
• Wash hands (or use hand sanitizers) as often as possible
• Constantly clean frequently touched surfaces and areas
• Offers courtesy hand sanitizers for in-store use
• Utilizes HEPA filtration units to improve air quality
• Installed plexiglass shields at checkout and other areas
• Discontinued garment fittings
• Suspended interactive services (i.e., harness fittings, product demos, etc.)
We would appreciate your cooperation in adhering to these safety precautions:
• Wear a face mask while in the store regardless of vaccination status
• Limit shopping time to 15 minutes or less
• Maintain social distancing of six feet or more
• Observe maximum store capacity of 12 people—you may be required to wait a few minutes before entry
May I purchase items without visiting the store?
Is it safe to handle my shipped package and items in my order?
According to the CDC, there is minimal risk of contracting Covid-19 from a shipped package. Although not necessary, you may wipe down your items with sanitizing wipes or an alcohol-based cleaner as you unpack your shipment. After handling your package, wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.