Sounds are smooth medical instruments designed to enlarge the urethra. In a non-medical setting they are used both for urethral stretching, and (more commonly) for highly pleasurable stimulation. Sounds are highly polished stainless steel rods with diameters ranging from 1mm to 15mm. When gently inserted into the urethra, they enlarge it and produce an exceptional stimulation. They can heighten sexual pleasure.
Sounding or urethral sounding is the medical use of probes called sounds to increase the inner diameter of the urethra and to locate obstructions in it. Sounds are also used to stretch the urethra in order to receive genital piercing. Urethral sounding and urethral play are also used to refer to this practice in a sexual context. Urethral play can involve the introduction of either soft or rigid items into the meatus of the penis (as well as farther in). Objects such as sounds are usually only inserted about halfway into the glans and can usually be easily retrieved. Other toys and items, such as catheters, may be introduced deeper; in some cases even into the bladder. Some items may even be allowed to curl several times or expand within the bladder. This action in the male may be directly or indirectly associated with stimulation of the prostate gland and some types of bladder control.
Sounds need to be cleaned. They can pass disease from user to user if they are being shared. Even if they are not being shared, they can easily lead to bladder infections if not properly cleaned. Ideally, an autoclave should be used, but alternate cleaning includes 10% bleach solutions and pressure cookers.
Introduce yourself to sounds with an experienced top who is careful, cares about you and exercises all the cautions mentioned below. Carelessness can result in severe infection, injury or pain. When using curved sounds, it is not uncommon for the bottom to have a hard-on during the process of insertion. In such instance, WAIT until the erection subsides as the curved sound cannot be inserted or removed when the penis is hard.
Sounds must be sterilized before each use to guard against infections.
- After use, wash sounds in hot water/detergent solution. The detergent removes surface lubricant and breaks down viral coats.
- Soak the clean sounds in bleach solution (1:10) for 30 minutes.
- Use plastic or glass tray. Metal tray will cause chemical reaction with the sound and discolor/corrode it.
- Rinse the sounds. Wrap in a clean hand towel. Tie a thread or string loosely around the towel.
- Place sounds and towel in a pressure cooker. Heat at full pressure for 30 minutes. The pressure cooker is the home equivalent of an autoclave.
- Keep bundle in a plastic container till next use.
Sounds are typically measured using the French scale:
One French unit = 0.33milimeters = 0.04 inches.
18F (6mm), 24F (8mm), 28F (9mm), 30F (12mm), 36F (13mm), 40F (15mm), 45F (20mm)
It is not unusual to learn that one can take a much larger sound, without discomfort, than one can imagine. An average guy can take a 24F to 28F with ease.
You can only know which size is right for you by trying them first with an experienced partner.
What Do You Need?
You will need the following:
- Sounds of the appropriate sizes (Sounds must be sterile. See Sterilization Procedure below.)
- Sterile lubricant (Do not use lubricants containing nonoxynol-9 as it will irritate the urethra.)
- A luer-tip hypodermic syringe without a needle, 10-12 cc
- An ordinary serving tray (approximately 12" x 24")
- Sterile hand towel
- Rubbing Alcohol and cotton swabs or paper tissues
- Latex gloves
- Clean wash cloth and antibacterial soap
You will need a copious amount of lubricant. Recommended brands are: KY, SurgiLube, and H&R. Do not use a lubricant containing nonoxynol-9 as it may irritate the urethra.
- Have the bottom relax comfortably on his back on a firm table or bed. This is better than being in a sling.
- Position the bottom diagonally, genitals at the corner of the bed, with legs spread and off the bed to allow you to get close to him.
- Wash the bottom’s genitals with warm water and antibacterial soap. This removes surface bacteria. Dry him gently.
- Open the towel bundle containing the sounds on the tray.
- Arrange sounds in order of size so that you do not fumble ater. Do not touch sounds except by their handles.
- Fill syringe with lubricant.
- Put on the gloves. Be mindful of what you touch at this point. Do not touch anything that is unsterilized.
- Scrub each sound with alcohol swab. This kills bacteria and fungi from the air and casual touching.
You are now ready to begin one of the most intimate and controlling of sexual experiences. The bottom has placed his trust in you and you should respect it by ensuring a safe and pleasurable experience.
- Examine the bottom’s penis carefully. Spread the urethral opening gently. Estimate the largest size sound that will fit into the opening. NOTE: If you are right-handed, use your right hand to handle the instruments and left hand to hold the bottom’s penis.
- Begin with the largest size that matches the opening because larger sounds are more blunt (or less pointed) and will slip in more smoothly.
- Place the tip of the lubricant-filled syringe into the opening. Hold the cock loosely. Squeeze in about an inch of the lubricant. Keep the lubricant in place while gently stroking the cock to prevent lubricant from shooting out. Slight burning-like discomfort may be experienced because of the pH differences. This is normal and will pass within a minute.
- Holding the cock straight up (90o angle from the body), gently insert about an inch of the sound. Aim slightly towards the bottom side of the cock. Gravity is the only force used. If the sound stops slipping in, then stretch the loose skin of the cock slightly. This will straighten out the urethra and allow the sound to find its own way. NOTE: The sound will have a tendency to slip in by gravity alone. Your job is to hold it back and guide it. Never push the sound.
- After the sound has entered about an inch more than the length of the penis, change the angle of the penis by slowly lowering it towards the testicles; and then gradually raise it. This allows the sound to negotiate the j-curve of the urethra. After this, the sound will reach the bladder.
- Remove the sound slowly. The removal may feel like an orgasm in slow motion. You can slowly move it in and out if the bottom enjoys the sensation. The larger size sounds will tend to drop in more readily because of their weight, so be careful.
- Inject more lubricant into the opening and proceed to the next larger size.
- Continue in this manner using plenty of lubricant until the bottom feels discomfort –- a slight burning at the tip of the cock -- this sensation means that you have reached the bottom’s optimum size sound. At this point you will notice the skin at the tip of the cock sticking to the cock during insertion and removal. Going to a larger size will actually stretch the urethra. But the urethra will shrink back to its original size (unless you repeat this treatment 3 or 4 times).
- Remove the optimum size sound.
- Gently milk the bottom’s cock to remove the lubricant.
- Clean and sterilize the sound for next use.
Note: If you feel pain, then stop at once. Resume another day. If proper precautions are followed then you should not feel any pain.