Since 2012, Bite the Fruit® serves as custodian of the Leather Rack™ legacy of customer goodwill built on decades of excellent service and providing quality merchandise.
The Leather Rack opened as a retail stand on the second floor of the DC Eagle on 9th Street NW in 1971. It incorporated in 1975. It expanded and moved to the Dupont Circle neighborhood in 1988 where it became a destination unto its own. It was the premier source of leather clothing and BDSM gear in the area. Its own brand of handcrafted leather furnishings was internationally recognized.
Bite the Fruit brings a fresh take on fetish and sexual play while honoring the Leather Rack hallmarks of quality craftsmanship, innovative design and affordable pricing. Further, in keeping with Leather Rack tradition, we actively support our neighborhood and community.
- BYT: Sex Store Stories: Leather Rack (4/27/10)
- Metro Weekly: Selling Porn (2/11/09)
- Metro Weekly: Return on Investment (2/6/08)
- The Washington Blade: Leather eye for the vanila guy (1/18/08)
- Metro Weekly: Play Time (1/14/04)